08 March 2011
SABC1 GM Ray Nkwe has jumped ship.
He left his office on Monday after the expiry of his contract.
“He wasn’t interested in renewing his contract. I think the raging infighting at the corporation discouraged him from renewing it.
“It is really a great setback for the SABC,” says a source.
Sources said Nkwe, who among his achievements introduced the Stars of Mzansi Awards and transformed the previously humdrum channel into a competitive youth station, is to be replaced by Leo Manne.
Nkwe confirms: “My last day in the office was on Monday.
“I’ll miss the amazing workforce I left behind but, hey, it was time for new blood to take over.”
SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago confirms that Manne has been appointed to act in Nkwe’s position. “We’ll soon advertise the post,” he says.
Original article here.