BIG FISH ADVANCED FILMMAKING COURSE
The Big Fish School of Digital Filmmaking will be running their first Cape Town based Advanced Filmmaking Course this year!
- You have made at least one well received documentary film
- Inserts may or may not be considered, depending on context
- You will be available for two months in the second half of 2011 to craft a ten to twelve minute documentary film.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Email your cv to Big Fish: advancedcourseCPT@bigfish.org.za by 30 July 2011
- List the documentary projects you have worked on and include any general industry recognition you have received in your email
HOW THE PROGRAMME WORKS
- If you are selected to attend the master course, you will be asked to research stories based on a few criteria for a brief, which are to be filmed in the Western Cape
- There is a small amount available for research to successful candidates
- You will develop your film idea from your research and pitch the idea to the Big Fish panel
- If given the green light, you will be given a budget and two months to craft your ten minute character driven documentary film
- If you are not given the green light immediately, and it is felt there is great potential in your pitch, you will be asked to resubmit
- Throughout the filmmaking process you will be mentored by award winning and established documentary filmmaker, Liz Fish to ensure quality control, keep budgets on track, help with narrative structure or whatever other assistance candidates feel they need to improve the overall standard of their work.
- You will have access to Big Fish camera and editing facilities over and above the budget
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THE PROGRAMME
- A ten to twelve minute film to your name
- Extended skills development
- The confidence to continue making your own films
- Big Fish will submit your film to international film festivals
- Become part of the Big Fish winning alumni